- Analysis of the influence of heat treatment, thermo-chemical or surface plastic treatment parameters on the structure
and mechanical properties of the material in order to optimize technological processes.
- Research on technical and mechanical effects or effects in materials after surface treatment processes aimed at improving
the properties of surface layers (defects, layer continuity, homogeneity).
- Identification and description of the structure after technological processes (reconstruction of technological history)
- Disclosure and classification of structural defects by optical microscopy.
- Tests of the microstructure and morphology and phase composition of alloys of iron and non-ferrous metals and diffusion layers and coatings (galvanic and conversion coatings).
- Metallographic measurements of the thickness of layers and coatings.